Wednesday, September 10, 2008

How will I make everything work out?

I'm so afraid of the future. I'm Scared, I admit it. Sometimes I cry at night. I sound as if I'm a big baby. I'm not angry, I'm not resentful. It's know one Else's fault I have cancer and I have been blessed by my God that he's given me such a wonderful life. But still I'm scared. I never sleep, and more than ever time is flying by even faster now that I need it to creep by worse than ever. I don't want to die. How will I make everything work out? That's always been my job as a dad and a husband but I'm scared. How will my wife make it after I'm gone. Hows she going to pay the bills without my income? Social security won't give her Disability payments or Survivor Payments until she turns 6o. I won't be here to figure things out. This is the worst part of it all not knowing if I can leave them in a position to be able to make ends meet. I have to get our bills paid down so that she can make it on her check alone. She won't have my checks anymore. I don't want to load her down with tons of medical bills either. We have some insurance but not enough. No cancer policy. No Short term or long term disability and hardly any life insurance. I'm not sure if it would even cover the cost of a funeral. I should have thought of these things earlier but like everything else you put off scrimp and save and make sure your kids and others come first. I never seem to have any funds left over for me much less time after working everyday of your life and many times two jobs a week for years.

No comments: